Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu

We're not having that many people over for Thanksgiving Day, but my Brother-in-Law will be here and a few friends so we're doing a pretty traditional full spread. Here's what we're having - recipes and pictures to follow.

Appertizers
Pumpernickel Bread Bowl with Vegetable Dip*
Cheese/Crackers/Pepperoni Tray
Pillsbury Savorings (Buffalo Chicken and Pepperoni & Mozzarella) - got these for $1/box @Publix a few weeks ago.

Dinner
Spiral Sliced Ham

Deep Fried Turkey

Cornbread Stuffing (from a bag)

Cranberry Sauce (I will try this recipe - but I did buy a can of the icky gross wobbly jelly kind in case anyone really wants it. Even though he won't be here my Step-Dad wouldn't be happy without it!)

Gravy (from a jar cause we're deep frying...)

Green Vegetable - TBD (to be determined - I'm thinking Green Beans - K loves them)

Sweet Potato Casserole*

Mashed Potatoes (I got 4 boxes of the Idahoan ones for free - so that's what we're serving - I personally hate mashed white potatoes)

Dessert
Apple Pie (w/vanilla ice cream)*

Pumpkin Pie (w/ whipped cream)*

Turkey Cookies - K and I are going to have SO much fun making these - she loves candy corn!
*Recipes to follow in another post. I can't link to them beacause they are MY recipes. Well, sort of, I'm sure somewhere along the way I used someone's recipe to start with and then tweaked and tweaked unti lit came out just right.....but they're mine now!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Your traditional menu sounds great. I've never tried a deep fried turkey but I've always wanted to.