Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Works for me Wednesday

Works for meWednesday is a "blog carnival" (explained here)
Mine is a little late today but what work for me right now is.....
Tofu! (nope, not a joke!)
It has to be the one thing my picky two year old will eat almost every single time I put it in front of her.....
I buy the packages of extra firm tofu, open, drain and store in water in tupperware for up to 10 days!
Every other day or so I cut off about 1/5 of the "block" make nice little postage stamp sized bites out of it and she gobbles it up. It is also really easy to pack it and take it with me if we are going to be away from home at lunch time and I don't want to buy fast food and/or feed my baby junk.

I've also made tofu nuggets - which I actually rather enjoy!

1 block firm or extra firm tofu
2 eggs (or whites)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup wheat germ
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

mix wheat germ and parmesan cheese to make the "breading"
cut tofu into strips or desired size/shape
dip in beaten egg
roll in "breading"
light fry in frying pan with a little EVOO
serve warm

I use this "breading" on fish too - tilapia mostly! YUM YUM



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this - i want to try it! always looking for easy ways to eat more soy.